Pages

Saturday 15 September 2018

Term 3 Inquiry Dilemma

3D Printing vs Recycling vs Robots vs Eels... 

Last term I had decided to switch my inquiry from Geometric and Measurement Language though 3D Printing to another topic. The rationale being I see my 3D printing sample class students only once a fortnight whereas other topics were being focused on a weekly, if not daily basis.

I have had second thoughts on discontinuing my original inquiry but am looking for guidance int he next collaborative inquiry meeting. The pros of each potential inquiry are:

3D Printing  
Students are now building, with the printer their creations and are needing to use more mathematical language. They are now very familiar with the Tinkercad software and can apply it to their real world objects. We will also be continuing 3D printing into the 4th term. 

Recycling
The Bincurity Recyling project has been a large undertaking with infrastructure, networking, culture shift, education, communication and management. Although the aim is for this scheme to run seamlessly with all teachers sharing the load, I have researched, introduced and designed most of Bincurity so far so it would be worthwhile to document this shift through inquiry.

Robots
We are prototyping and building robots to help manage waste. This is the most structured and regular (weekly) of all classes I am teaching and has a definite end point. 

Kuwharuwharu Longfinned Eels me te Maramataka Lunar Calendar
This project is also lasting a year. A big  pro is that it hasn't started yet so gives me a good baseline to work from.


No comments:

Post a Comment