Pages

Tuesday 3 October 2023

KĀHUI AKO, SEPTEMBER 20, 2O23: END OF TERM 3 REFLECTION

  KĀHUI AKO, SEPTEMBER 20, 2O23: END OF TERM 3 REFLECTION

As noted in previous posts, data has been difficult to track due to the low attendance of students. Also noted has been that I knew this tracking would be difficult from the attitude  of the students regarding coming to school.

Over nine weeks, my weekly roll was an average of 3.7 out of my group of ten with the following pattern: 

6NA3653335

 Compared to data from the school roll, some of this is due to absence from school, with the Monday 9AM time slot being a factor noted by the students themselves. 

Unforeseen  circumstances also affect this data. One student had to leave the group then rejoined at he request of their teacher. One student has left the school and one has been away from school for a few weeks due to surgery.

However these attendance numbers do not make me feel particularly positive in reflection. That does not mean I have lost hope or aspiration for these students.

I have already talked to classroom teachers about switching the day to Wednesday from next term. This gives me the opportunity to remind students on Tuesday afternoon but more importantly for the class culture, for them to have 'settled' into their personal school routine 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment