Pages

Tuesday 7 February 2023

Ipu Wai for the Gardens

.                                          

Over the holidays I thought  about how I could help our students keep their gardens watered. I bought every classroom an Ipu Wai  (Watering Can) and decided to permanently label them.

I used a mix of ancient technology- stencils, 20th century media- spray paint,  and 21st century technology- our laser cutter. I look forward to students using these both in the garden and as an example of how to use design and technologies to improve  everyday objects, especially with my CoL cohort.

Painting with a stencil and spray paint under time pressure helped me think about how I will work with my Technicians.


It looks easy, and the results are great but there are so many moving parts to take into consideration- especially when working with potentially dangerous material
s!



No comments:

Post a Comment