Pages

Wednesday 24 May 2023

KĀHUI AKO, MAY 24, 2O23: INTRODUCTION OF TOOLS

 KĀHUI AKO, MAY 24, 2O23: INCONSISTENCY & INTRODUCTION OF TOOLS



Due to the nature and habits of students I have in my cohort, I knew it may take some time to have a regular group of students. Irregular attendance is common and my timeslot of 9AM Monday can be difficult for any student.

I am reviewing the cohort in collaboration with classroom teachers, our SENCO, and Social Worker and will ask some students to leave the group. Especially those who have not turned up to school on the days of our four sessions so far this term. I will definitely keep the door open to these students however.

Students up until this week had been turning up without their computers. Although I am encouraging them to use pencils and pens as much as possible, they need their digital tools, especially when exploring 3D Printing. Observing their learning and behaviour while experimenting with Tinkercad 3D printing software was very interesting - these students, despite their wide vocabulary and loud voices are doers. They want to make and they are asking me and each other work related questions. 

This often impatient thirst for knowledge is something I wish to encourage and recognise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment